• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

comprehensive changelog in cc desktop app

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, This has been said before but I really need to say it out loud now.

I am fed up with the unprofessional information in the Adobe CC Desktop app about new releases.

Either you write marketing nonsense like "AI tweaker bon bon houbba boubba now implemented" or simply "This update addresses several high priority issues discovered since the last release" and clicking on that opens the app e.g Photoshop. If those issues are of high priority, please link the change log!!!

There are actual professionals using your software and in a professional environment one does not change software version unless the new version is production proven.

How damned hard is it to include a link to the change log? Every time there's an update we have to search the internet or relay on 3rd party sources like DPReview to point to the change log because it isn't that there would be a www.adobe.com/photoshop/changelog URL. Every single program has it's change log buried somewhere else.

here's to document the inconsistency of the actual links:

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom CC across devices

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

(NOTE: Float above the links with your mouse to see the actual links...)

Make it happen guys. It's not hard and it would be professional courtesy for us users.

Thank you for considering!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alex.furer  wrote

Hello Adobe,

We are not Adobe here. We are just other LR users, we can't change anything, and we don't even read everything you say after "Hello Adobe". You really ought to contact Adobe about your concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your indoctrination @dj_paige. I am so so sorry to have offended you with my blunt words and unrelated content...

May I ask why it reads https://forums.adobe.com/ as URL...

I guess I'll go back to the drawing board and do my homework then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to complain to the developers, here is a link to the forum where they do pay attention to concerned posts:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Whether or not they will satisfy your need for more comprehensive information about updates is another question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks JimHess. I was looking on that forum but there was no place to post it for the Desktop App specifically. And yeah, as I said in my initial post, it didn't help to mention that previously. I'll try my luck once again on the other side of the universe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alex.furer  wrote

May I ask why it reads https://forums.adobe.com/ as URL...

IT reads that because Adobe set it up as a place where users can help other users. We users didn't set it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines