• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I enable file view mode to see files by date?

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using 2015, and now am attempting to use 2017. I see that Adobe eliminated the expanded local file view menus on initial view, but even though ftp is connected and I would assume that "server" is "enabled" (I can upload files), I can't for the life of me figure out how to enable the option to view files by date. The FAQ is no help, as it appears to leave out information that Adobe assumes I know.

What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Are you saying nothing happens when you right click where the red dot in the screenshot is, or are you trying somewhere else?

add-columns.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying nothing happens when you right click where the red dot in the screenshot is, or are you trying somewhere else?

add-columns.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the bar next to Local Files.  Select desired headers from drop list.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Since Adobe didn't put any icon there, I never would have found this. Never would have ever thought to try this. What they needed to have done is place a menu icon up above.

I did go back and re-read the FAQ, and missed the added text under the illustration, which is quite ambiguous. I would have added a "right click" notation in the illustration. Still not a good thing that you need to read an FAQ for a simple function like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think headers should be turned on by default instead of making people hunt for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hover over where indicated above it says "Right Click to Show/Hide Options" but upon right clicking nothing happens.

Once I setup a site it does function like above.

Some users are just editing text and want to easily find a file on their computer, so it would be great if you could include view by date without having to setup a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do not need to define your server.  Simply tell DW where your local site folder is located.   Example, C:\MyTestSite\

CC-localsite.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines