• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need help with cycling footage of reckless cars

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am a cyclist who has a rear camera on my bike.  I am recording in 1080 @ 60fps and need help with reading the plates of cars that are aggressively driving near me.  I have the adobe cc subscription, but would love to hear from the community and best steps to focus my footage...due to the speed I am riding and quality of road it is creating jittery frames and I think the quality is there...I just need to be able to uncover it to reveal the plates so I can share with the authorities.

any help?  many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

You just need ONE good frame to read the plate. Maybe try playing with settings in Unsharp Mask if you need to bring out edges/details of plate numbers.

I suppose for privacy reasons you may not want to post any sample vid or images, though it would sure be helpful to see what you have to come up with a solution.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need ONE good frame to read the plate. Maybe try playing with settings in Unsharp Mask if you need to bring out edges/details of plate numbers.

I suppose for privacy reasons you may not want to post any sample vid or images, though it would sure be helpful to see what you have to come up with a solution.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SafeHarbor, thanks for the reply.  How should I share two short clips...what would be the best method...there really isn't anything of a privacy concern...its just two cars driving past me...and since I can not make out the plates, and there is no expectation of privacy on public rights of way, I'll happily post my footage if you or anyone else thinks they could help me.

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's buttons at top of reply window to insert images or video. Or provide a link to DropBox, GoogleDrive, etc., up to you

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, my laptop just died and I am at work with no further access to the footage for another couple hours.  I created a clip with both plates I want, and will load it here raw.  Then please let me know what you think next steps might look like.

Many thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fJ13dKJILr6VI8f8gzNYdns2nEp4jc2Q

I hope this works...I probably messed up the export however...I am very grateful for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines