• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded to 7.4 release, but I cannot find the "Profile Browser."

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 7.4 Release (June 2018). On the "What's New" page, the first item dealt with the "Profile Browser." I cannot FIND the "Profile Browser" in either the Library Window nor the Develop Window.

Where is it supposed to be?

And if it is not there, what do I need to do to get it to show?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

The profile browser is accessed by clicking here:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profile browser is nothing new. It should have been there in 7.3 too. Can you show a screenshot of the develop module, showing the entire window with both panels?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profile browser is accessed by clicking here:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP could well be one of those "Lightroom 7 upgrade" people, in which case he won't have the browser. That's why I asked for that screenshot.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't hurt to post a reference shot, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not, and I didn't say it did.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I thought you were getting after me for posting the illustration that I did. I realized what you were asking for but thought maybe a little shortcut might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting after you. Not now, and not in the past.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option is greyed out for me for all photos i have in lightroom. why is this greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

weird solution: option was greyed out in "develop" pane. so i clicked "library" pane and then "develop" pane again and now I can select the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I do not have that submenu in my Develop Module between Treatment and White Balance. But going back and looking at the "What's New" page, that new feature is only for the "Creative Cloud" users, which apparently I am not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

randalp33064588  wrote

Actually, I do not have that submenu in my Develop Module between Treatment and White Balance. But going back and looking at the "What's New" page, that new feature is only for the "Creative Cloud" users, which apparently I am not.

That's exactly my point and why I asked you for that screenshot. You say you upgraded to 7.4, but there is no Lightroom 7.4 with a perpetual license. There is only Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 which is subscription only.

You apparently have the infamous problem of having 'upgraded' a perpetual license of Lightroom 6 to "Lightroom 7" somehow. That upgrade should never have been possible, because you do not have a subscription but a perpetual license (for Lightroom 6). There is no perpetual license for Lightroom Classic and there is no Lightroom 7. Due to a bug in the updaters it was somehow possible to install Lightroom Classic without having a subscription, and this now causes all kinds of problems (you’ve just been lucky that it didn’t happen earlier, when you first started with the upgraded version).

The only solution is to go back to Lightroom 6, the version you have a license to use. In order not to lose all the work you may have done since your first update, select all the images that were imported after you updated to Classic and choose 'Metadata - Save Metadata to Files'. Then open Lightroom 6 with your old Lightroom 6 catalog, and import these images. The edits and metadata should come over, except those edits that are new for Lightroom Classic (like Range Mask). You can find the correct installers and updaters here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Johan, for that clarification. I will follow your recommendations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines