• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading of Shared Albums?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure in the prior version of Lightroom Mobile someone whom I sent a shared link to could download from the web based link I sent to them. I tried this today and there was no download option anywhere that I could find. Was this a change with the new Lightroom CC? Am I missing something or is there a way I can enable downloading of shared albums? If not this forces me to export and use another cloud based app like dropbox etc.. doesn't make sense.

Workflow example:

Photos imported on mobile device to Lightroom CC

Edits in Lightroom CC

Share album and send link to client

Client downloading photos from shared link

Any help is appreciated, this seemed to work prior to the change.

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

When you choose a public album and click on the settings button it should bring up a dialog with various tabs e.g. General, Share, Slideshow etc.

It is possible to enable downloads under the Share tab in the Lr Web app – see image below.

Share.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

As you're not able to download the images, could you please share a screenshot of the issue with us so that we can provide you a possible solution?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option for someone to download is simply not there.

Here is a link to an example album and the web view page that displays. I'm 99% sure there used to be a download option.

Click below link to view my shared Lightroom album:

https://adobe.ly/2h3jnHK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing, I see that there is no download button could you try and check if there is a download button on this link Test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There sure is, below the "X" to close the window. Has the little download Icon. Can we expect this in the near future or do I need to enable something on my end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you choose a public album and click on the settings button it should bring up a dialog with various tabs e.g. General, Share, Slideshow etc.

It is possible to enable downloads under the Share tab in the Lr Web app – see image below.

Share.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see that now, Thanks. I never had to change the setting prior. Is it now defaulting with the download option unchecked? Will there be functionality to update this in the actual desktop and android based apps in the future? Would be easier than having to hit the web app since I am already in Lightroom CC either on my mobile or desktop. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New features are being added all the time to mobile apps. The Lr Web app just has a few more feature rich tweaks for sharing. For example you can segment rows & columns, add titles and text plus a cover image – see my example at link below. You can also create a web page of albums by clicking the Gallery button top left in the Lr Web app.

https://adobe.ly/2zdFqSF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, thanks for the tips. I've been using LR Mobile for a bit and enjoy the move to a more seamless workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How Do you access the Album settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can log-in to your Lr web app at the following link:

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Click on the settings button to the right of any collection/album where public sharing is enabled or click the Share icon to start public sharing.

Click the Globe icon in the left margin to see existing shared creations. In this view, the Gallery button (top left) enables you to create a web page to share multiple collections/albums, rather like creating a personal home page.

Shared.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same question about "where is the settings button" but now see it in the web version thanks to 99Jon's comment.  But is there any way to access the settings from the Lr CC desktop app?

Also, it looks like the download functionality isn't a full size image?  An original JPEG that is 10MB is downloading as a 2MB JPEG.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gregoryw17089413  wrote

I had the same question about "where is the settings button" but now see it in the web version thanks to 99Jon's comment.  But is there any way to access the settings from the Lr CC desktop app?

Also, it looks like the download functionality isn't a full size image?  An original JPEG that is 10MB is downloading as a 2MB JPEG.

Thanks.

No way to access the share settings in the LRCC desktop app, though you can initiate sharing in the app by right-clicking on an Album and select "Share Album".

Which image download options are available depends on what has been uploaded. If the image was uploaded from LR Classic it exists in the cloud only as a Smart Preview, in which case the only download option is a 2048px jpeg derived from the Smart Preview. If, however, the image exists as a full original (because it was uploaded from any LRCC app) then there are two download options: an original version (thus unedited), or a jpeg edited version which will as large as the cropped original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm trying to do this now, and I don't see a sharing settings option anywhere in Lightroom CC, after searching exhuastively. Did something change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the LrCc desktop app You can right-click on any album name and choose “Share Album”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the upper right corner of app, click on three dots (...). A menu will drop down. Select share and invite. In share and invite menu you'll see three options: 

- INVITE

- CUSTOMISE

- SETTINGS under settings menu you'll see:

- SELECT: ALLOW JPEG DOWNLOADS & EXPORT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, How is it possible for a person to download original quality image from a shared folder on LR CC? I cant find any settings or buttons for download. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't find the setting button. Please help. I've attached screenshots, and you can see there's no gear button.screenshot-app.jpg

screenshot-web.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top screenshot is from the LRCC desktop app, which only has the ability to share an album (by right-clicking on the album name).

The settings options are only available from the web app, but you need to be logged in to your Adobe account in order to have access to those options. It looks from your second screenshot that you're not actually logged in, which is why you can't see the gear icon. Login, then look again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I tried logging in and it's still not showing. This is very strange.Screen-Shot-2018-04-01-at-7.07.53-PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening a new browser window and go to lightroom.adobe.com (do not try to use the share link that you created for that specific album), log in to the same Adobe account that you use for LRCC and you should get to your "home" page where you have access to "All Photos" and all the albums that you have synced (shared or not).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Try opening a new browser window and go to lightroom.adobe.com (do not try to use the share link that you created for that specific album), log in to the same Adobe account that you use for LRCC and you should get to your "home" page where you have access to "All Photos" and all the albums that you have synced (shared or not)."

Thanks for your answer, I'm very thankful you are here to listen and help. But wow... what a dumb user experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vonBobo  wrote

But wow... what a dumb user experience.

Er....not really. That was a specific suggested action to get around a particular situation, not the typical "user experience".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"not the typical "user experience"."

How so?

I'm working in LR Desktop, I can create an album, and I can share an album... all typical user experiences I'm guessing. (Are people using the adobe website instead of the LR desktop?)

But to allow the sharing person to download, I can't access settings in the desktop version (??????!), I cant just click the link to take me to the web album, but instead I have to open a browser, log into adobe and get to the settings that only appear in this version.

Why not allow settings in all three locations? I'm wondering if there are technical problems with it and adobe is asking the user to be the workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vonBobo  wrote

"not the typical "user experience"."

How so?

Because the post of mine that you chose to quote when you made the "dumb user experience" comment was not specifically related to what it is now clear you were complaining about. There are other posts in this thread, including one of my own, which you could have quoted instead, thus making it much clearer what the point of your complaint really was.

Note also that this "issue" was fixed with yesterday's update, i.e. similar sharing options now exist in all the various LRCC apps (for Web, for Desktop, for Mobile). But try to bear in mind that these apps have been developed over different time-scales. In particular LRCC for Desktop is less than a year old, whereas some of the others are 4 years old. As such it shouldn't be surprising that they're not yet all on the same features page, and may not be for a while yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines