• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saturation increases when images are viewed on mobile. Desktop looks fine.

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm using Lightroom Classic to edit my photos on my MacBook Air desktop. The photos are taken with both a Google Pixel and a Samsung NX camera.

The edit looks fine on desktop, but when sent through to mobile (I've tested on two), the saturation increases like crazy and it looks awful.

The colour space is set to sRGB which is meant to fix the problem, however I've had no luck.

Any ideas? I'm pulling my hair out!

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you ‘send through to mobile’? Explain your workflow, please.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so when I've finished editing my photos on Lightroom, I will export them to my MacBook, then I will send them to my phone via WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger. When I view these images on my phone, the saturation has increased so much. Any ideas as to why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amyj6072284  wrote

Hey, so when I've finished editing my photos on Lightroom, I will export them to my MacBook, then I will send them to my phone via WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger. When I view these images on my phone, the saturation has increased so much. Any ideas as to why?

Most likely this method strips the color profile from the image, so your sRGB image is now displayed as if it were in the color space of the phone screen. Why don’t you use Lightroom Mobile for this? That is much easier too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would make sense - as in use Lightroom Mobile to transfer my photographs to my phone? Or edit them via Lightroom Mobile? (I'd like to edit using my laptop as I prefer using Lightroom Classic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync your Lightroom Classic catalog to the cloud. Then you can upload selected images by adding them to a synced collection. On the phones, install Lightroom Mobile (it’s called Lightroom CC now) and login to your account. The uploaded images will automatically appear in Lightroom Mobile. They are not originals but smart previews, but for viewing on the phone you won’t see any difference. You can now also use your phone to make edits (which will sync back to Lightroom Classic), but you don’t have to do that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thank you for helping! I have just done so but unfortunately the saturation still seems to be off (a lot brighter)? Do you know if there's anything else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your phone screen is not calibrated. Perhaps it's set to its highest brightness?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines