• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset not longer showing up or loading since yesterday's update 7.4

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my presets no longer appearing in the list.

Before update yesterday: all of my purchased and home-made presets are available.

Today, after update: some of my presets are appearing, but the most important ones (and most complex) no longer appear in the preset list.

So far, I've tried:

- Deleting presets from the folder and copying back. - Nope, my missing presets are still missing even though the files are in the correct folder.

- Deleting ALL presets from the folder and copying back. - Nope, same presets that were not appearing in the list are still not appearing.

- Adding presets using the + menu in Lightroom. - Nope, it does copy the file to the correct folder, but the presets do not appear in the list.

Hopefully someone has a solution...?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Vincent_R, you've tripped over a design misfeature in LR's handling of the new presets.  The preset you uploaded includes the profile "Adobe Color".  When editing a non-raw (e.g. a TIFF or JPEG), LR silently and confusingly hides presets that contain certain kinds of profiles (but not all profiles).  See this problem report: Lightroom Classic: Presets including raw profiles are sometimes available for non-raws, sometimes not | Photoshop Family…

Unfortunately, you can't simply modify the preset by

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More details please!

1) A screen-clip of your Lightroom System Info?    LR MENU:  HELP > SYSTEM INFO....

2) "files are in the correct folder."- Which folder?  The full path?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Here's the screen clip

Capture.PNG

2) The initial path where the presets would be found used to be C:\Users\vince\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\User Presets.

But now when I import the presets using the + menu, it imports to C:\Users\vince\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\

3) Fun fact: I'm reading on other forums that a bunch of other people have the same issue, so there's clearly something at work here. I have the strange feeling that it has something to do with the "new feature" of Lightroom CC which syncs the Presets across mobile and desktop, and somehow corrupts the desktop version (Lightroom Classic).

In other words, I have all my presets in Lightroom CC (Online):

Presets_CC.JPG

But then my Presets named "Preset - 1...-4" do not appear.

Capture_Desktop.JPG

Just for good measure, here's a pic of my folder:

Capture_hdd.JPG

Edit: I've tried renaming the presets, and I've also further tried to modify the embedded name in the xmp file, to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload "Preset - 1.xmp" to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. This will help narrow down where the problem is.

LR CC's new sync of presets doesn't go near the LR Classic / Camera Raw presets, so that's not the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, thanks for helping out!

Dropbox - Preset - 1.xmp

Edit: further fiddling overnight and I've found that the presets seem to appear/disappear when a certain type of file is selected.

For example: when a DNG is selected, all the presets appear:

dng.JPG

TIFF file is selected and some of my presets disappear:

tif.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vincent_R, you've tripped over a design misfeature in LR's handling of the new presets.  The preset you uploaded includes the profile "Adobe Color".  When editing a non-raw (e.g. a TIFF or JPEG), LR silently and confusingly hides presets that contain certain kinds of profiles (but not all profiles).  See this problem report: Lightroom Classic: Presets including raw profiles are sometimes available for non-raws, sometimes no...

Unfortunately, you can't simply modify the preset by unchecking the option Treatment & Profile when you create or update the preset. The preset includes a Vibrance setting, and when you include any of the Color options (Saturation, Vibrance, Color Adjustments) in a preset, another LR bug causes the Treatment & Profile box to be checked: Lightroom Classic: Automaticly checking Treatment & Profile box when i check some of color adjustmen...

Currently, the only way to make a preset containing a Color adjustment that can be applied to non-raws is to manually edit the .xmp file and remove the lines of the preset setting the profile. Alternatively, use the free Fix Presets plugin to remove the profile from the preset.

Please add your constructive opinion to both of those bug reports, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner of each. This will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case Closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I was wondering if you can help me! I was using the Lightroom mobile version (the free one), and after the new update when I first went on it there showed up a little msg in the top right corner that my free trial expired and then I saw that my photos were syncing. Next time I went on, about 10 mins later, all my 300+ photos and 25+ presets were gone. I have never even started the trial and now have no idea how to get my everything back! I spoke to one of your colleagues but they just dissapeared and now I got the cloud hoping that perhaps that would return my old content but no.

Why did that happen? WHAT happened? And how can I retrieve all of my work??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try the following steps:

1. The Lightroom CC negative on which the presets are shown clearly copy that locally to your desktop machine.
  2. Open that same negative in develop module in Classic.
  3. Verify those XMP are present correctly in CameraRaw/Settings folder. or CameraRaw/Settings/UserPresets.
  4. Verify if the presets are correctly showing.

Let me know if that also does not show your presets.

If so, then please share your presets, we will investigate.

Thanks,

Akshay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Yesterday it was OK after update, but today after restart PC and relaunch LR again, all my presets are gone. But they are in correct folders.

EDIT: They are back after restart LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines