• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF doc

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an error message each time I try to generate a PDF document for hard copy editing. I get this error message at the end of the compiling window:

Saving 'Printed_Documentation.doc'...
Generating 'Printed_Documentation.pdf'...
Failed the generate PDF file 'C:\e-CLAS CPP HQ Help\!SSL!\Printed_Documentation\Printed_Documentation.pdf'...
Failed to save 'Printed_Documentation.doc'...
Cleaning up temporary files...

Internal error encountered, Failed to generate Printed Documentation.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if item 33 fixes it.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh7/using_rh7.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2009 Feb 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does not fix the issue. any other suggestions?

Running RoboHelp 7 HTML and Adobe Acrobat 7 with Office 2007 Enterprise edition.

any help greatly appreciated! we have a deadline we have to make! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your macro security settings in Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already checked those settings.

I have it enabled for all macros (I know it's not the best thing to do but trying figure out what's going on.)

we actually had a different error, changed the word macro security settings and now we are getting this error.

i have re-registered the DLL that it refers to after a reboot. the registration is successful. we then fire up robohelp and still get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deselect PDF and generate to Word. Do you get problems doing that?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First page of the wizard is where you indicate you want a PDF. The checkbox will be ticked. Clear it. The Word checkbox will automatically be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is RoboHelp 7 HTML version compatible with Office 2007?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn’t using the wizard. I want to create a pdf from a completed HTML project that I created using RoboHelp; (using the “generate pdf button”)

the only wizard I find is under the Tools menu (it is a wizard for creating an index for the project.) I have not used a wizard, nor do I know of a pdf wizard in RoboHelp.

(these comments are from the user that is actually having the issue.) we have 2 copies of RoboHelp 7 HTML and both of them will not produce a PDF with the "Generate PDF Button" on the toolbar.

are any of these issues fixed in RoboHelp 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK but your way is not working so I am trying to identify what is going wrong. To do that I want you to generate the output you require in a different way. First that will give you what you want and second it may enable us to find out what is wrong. Until I know what is wrong, how can I say it is fixed in RH8?

Please go to the menus and click View > Pods > Single Source Layout.

Select printed documentation and try to generate the PDF from there. Your users should know how to do that but if not there is a tutorial on my site. If the PDF fails there, go through the same wizard but deselect PDF and create a Word document instead.

Report back on how that goes and we can take it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes RH7 is compatible with Word 2007. That is not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp