• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading "user presets" into lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just loaded the CC on my new system and have loaded a batch of presets in successfully.  I sent to load an additional folder with some that I have made myself as well as some others that sat in the 'user preset" folder on my other computer.  I copied the folder into the appropriate folder and re started Lightroom, I did this numerous times and it still won't show up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

With Lightroom closed remove the ~ in front of the filenames.  If the ~ is there than Lightroom thinks they were already converted and skip them.  Then restart Lightroom and they should be converted and show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just loaded the CC

And have you "loaded" Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic-CC v7.3 ?

v7.3 uses a new format and location for Preset files.

An extract from-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-file-locations/

"If you have older style .lrtemplate Develop presets, place them in the Develop Presets subfolder and restart Lightroom. They’ll be converted to .xmp format and copied to the shared Camera Raw Settings folder."

So- copying and pasting presets in Windows should go like this:

{xxxx.lrtemplate} preset files (from v7.2 and earlier) go in folder  { C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets }

{xxxx.XMP} preset files ( for v7.3 and later) go in folder  { C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings }

My Preset Groups of .XMP files:

ScreenShot099.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I tried both options and neither work. I would say that some of

them were made on the earlier version and one is on the later version. I

tried it a few times with no success.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 12:16 AM, F. McLion <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to see my presets even when following the instructions for the

v 7.2 and earlier files. I tried to do the v7.3 too and that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without Adobe fore-warning Lightroom users of the changes, this update to the presets system has caused many problems.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful but more information please-

Your Operating System number?

The Lightroom version number from-  Menu > Help > System Info...

Do you have preferences set to "Store Presets with the Catalog" ?

Can you post some screen-clips of your system folders that contain Preset files?

Can you post some screen-clips of the Lightroom Presets Panel in the Develop module?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the response!  I will post the screen clip from my develop module as well as where my files are settled at the moment.  The "user preset" folder is the one that doesn't want to show up. 

"

OS is windows 10 pro v.1709

Lightrroom v 7.3

no I do not have "store presets with the catalog" checked

presets in LR already.PNGpresets in file.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lightroom closed remove the ~ in front of the filenames.  If the ~ is there than Lightroom thinks they were already converted and skip them.  Then restart Lightroom and they should be converted and show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suzlo, You are scrolling down the Presets panel to see more below? (Screen-clip only shows to the 'Heck Yeah' group)

With Bob's suggestion-

I might also (after the tilde removal) place them into one folder (eg.  01 My Presets).

Then restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I will definitely do that thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. When Lightroom is closed how do I get to the presets to remove the ~? I went in LR, Preferences, Develop Presets, User presets and removed them. Restarted LR and they still don't show up. When I went back in the ~ was there again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you that was perfect and they all loaded!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. When Lightroom is closed how do I get to the presets to remove the ~? I went in LR, Preferences, Develop Presets, User presets and removed them. Restarted LR and they still don't show up. When I went back in the ~ was there again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See here.  https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-file-locations/   as WobertC indicated in post #1 for the old preset locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines