• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop overlay tool shows last cropped photo for a second before current... LR Classic 7.3

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I use the Crop overlay tool when I press "R" it shows the last cropped photo for a second before showing the actual photo you are working on.

Very annoying when you work with hundreds of photos. This just started happening after the last upgrade I did yesterday.

Is someone experiencing the same? Is there a way to fix it?

I tried restarting, optimizing the catalog, nothing seems to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Yes the crop bug has been fixed in v7.4 and it is easy to install the update from the Apps tab in Creative Cloud. I have outlined the main changes at the link below, including the updates for the mobile apps:

June Updates for Lightroom Apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I updated 4/6/2017. Very annoying.

LR 7.3 Camera Raw 10.3 version; macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

Updated to new version today, 4/6/2018. Each time I select the crop tool on my current image, LR automatically (but briefly) jumps back to the previous image edited and then jumps to my current image. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exactly that, I also have macOS Sierra 10.12.6 I upgraded to High Sierra a few months ago and it was terrible for my external hard drives performance, they became super slow so I had to downgrade to Sierra.

I hope there's a Lightroom update soon, I noticed yesterday that sometimes it takes 2 or 3 seconds for the crop tool to jump from the previously edited image to the current image and sometimes just about a second. Very annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lopezmedrano and beckyc86132326,

Sorry that the crop tool is showing last cropped photo for a second before current is processed.

Current workaround is to disable the GPU from Lightroom Preferences> Performance menu.

We are aware of this issue and are investigating it. Please add your vote to this discussion Lightroom Classic 7.3: Crop tool showing last image (GPU on) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll try disabling the GPU.

Will disabling the GPU slow down or affect other Lightroom processes or its performance?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This linked article Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ ​should explain how the GPU affects performance if disabled.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash its now been a month since your last reply.  Where is the fix? @akash sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mickspawn,

Sorry about the trouble caused. The fix is underway and we'll update the discussion Lightroom Classic 7.3: Crop tool showing last image (GPU on) | Photoshop Family Customer Community ​once it is ready.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue after the latest update.  I've disabled my graphics processor as instructed, and it's better.  The previous image still appears, but for a shorter length of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. It's very annoying especially if the photo I'm working on is very dark and the last photo was very bright. I get a white flash for a second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I tried restarting my system and that did not help. 

If you disable the graphics processor and the previous cropped image is still being cached somewhere, would clearing a cache help I wonder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the GPU and it corrected the issue. This is a temporary fix, disabling the GPU reduces the overall performance of LR, I hope they come up with an update soon so we can use it with the GPU enabled without the crop issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same cropping problem here. macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 on iMac 2017. Extremely annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update (7.3.1) did NOT solved the issue!!!

It's a shame...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are still working on this problem and recommend that you add your vote to this discussion Lightroom Classic 7.3: Crop tool showing last image (GPU on) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Our Engineers monitor this community for bugs, feature requests to prioritize fixes and features for our product updates.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious, has this issue been fixed? It's almost July and I would think it a high priority. I edit hundreds if not thousands of pictures weekly and it is quite annoying. I may go back to my earlier version of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funnily enough Lightroom updated earlier this week (7.4) so I thought I'd turn the graphics processing back on and take a look. It looks like it's been fixed. All is well here. Thank you @Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the crop bug has been fixed in v7.4 and it is easy to install the update from the Apps tab in Creative Cloud. I have outlined the main changes at the link below, including the updates for the mobile apps:

June Updates for Lightroom Apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug was temporarily fixed for me with 7.4 and now seems to be sneaking back in. I am currently on 7.5 on a Windows 10

PC. Anyone else noticing this coming back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a couple of reports about this bug coming back in 7.5.  Triple-check you really have 7.5 by doing Help > System Info (LR update sometimes fools people into thinking they're on "the latest"), and if you do, add details of your issue to the existing bug report: Lightroom Classic 7.3: Crop tool showing last image (GPU on) | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to include the first ten lines of Help > System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's Sep 2022 and it's happening to me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post details of your operating system and the Lightroom application you are using.

6734174B-E767-403F-A977-A814366189CD.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines