• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How the heck!! Export on iMac does not play sound on any windows machine

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm super floored as this is a super strange problem. I export my video on an iMac but then the sound and sometimes the video does not work on a windows 10 machine? Hug, has anyone ever had this problem fixed?

From a really cold Johannesburg South Africa.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

OK.

Let's do this.  Eliminate the export settings as a variable a choose H.264 as the Format and Match Settings - Adaptive High Bitrate as the Preset.  That will work everywhere.

Next, install either PotPlayer or VLC on the Windows systems for video playback.  (Windows Media Player and QuickTime are the two worst players out there.  Never use them.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible you're exporting with codecs not available on those PCs.  Pull that thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've tried XDCAM  H264, YouTube and export to phone  On all of them  sometimes the sound doesn't play and other times the video, on Windows  Strange thing is they will play on an Android and I've made sure that sound and video exports  I'm really stumped by it  Not even Google can vind someone with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Let's do this.  Eliminate the export settings as a variable a choose H.264 as the Format and Match Settings - Adaptive High Bitrate as the Preset.  That will work everywhere.

Next, install either PotPlayer or VLC on the Windows systems for video playback.  (Windows Media Player and QuickTime are the two worst players out there.  Never use them.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! Part of your answer worked for me. My company does not allow installation of any other software like video players etc. I also initially did not want to use :H.264 as the Format and Match Settings - Adaptive High Bitrate as the Preset". as it makes the file size to being for our eLearning system and I have to use you tube or Twitter compression to get the right size file.

However, I then tried your advice "H.264 as the Format and Match Settings - Adaptive High Bitrate as the Preset" and it worked even though the file size was to beg. Immediately after the above higher bitrate export I uses my YouTube and Twitter ones again and then it worked on Windows machines again. I think your settings you advices "pointed the arteries" and cleared up my problem. Thank you so much for helping me.

Cheers from a cold Johannesburg South Africa!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines