• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring LR 4 work to LR CC - retrieving editing work from LR 4

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone can help me with getting my previous files from LR 4 to LR CC.  My old Mac crashed but I pulled my hard drive which I have access to.  When I open up LR 4 through my old hard drive I don't have any of my "Collections" and most importantly, I can't see any of my edits to my photos. The photos are all there but I don't see my star ratings or any of my "Develop" treatment of those images.  Can I still get access to those?  I can't stand the thought of losing all that work editing.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of your collections and edits are stored in the catalog that you were using previously. Do you have access to that catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Langmore  wrote

I'm hoping someone can help me with getting my previous files from LR 4 to LR CC.  My old Mac crashed but I pulled my hard drive which I have access to.  When I open up LR 4 through my old hard drive I don't have any of my "Collections" and most importantly, I can't see any of my edits to my photos.

Please explain, in detail, the steps you followed here, from accessing the old hard drive, to the point where you don't have any collections or edits — leaving nothing out. We need lots and lots of details.

Also, do you really mean Lightroom CC or Lightroom Classic CC? These have very similar names but are very different.

Also, you don't say this, but do you mean opening the LR 4 catalog using Lightroom Classic CC? Or do you mean something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines