Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IMPORTED FOOTAGE LAGGY GREEN

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMPORTED FOOTAGE TURNS LAGGY GREEN

the first frame of the video is good, after that its just laggy green, like in the screesht, near the end there is like 2 frames also showing good image. This is a iphone x 4k video however its very weird as im making a video with the camera and all imported files are perfect, this video of a led strip and it just doesnt work, i tried re filming it and its literaly the same thing. I tried importing a video of just my room in general and it works??  Maybe there is too much pixels or something i have no clue hahaScreen Shot 2018-02-23 at 01.14.28.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more likely your camera issue with capturing such imagery. Have you tried viewing the footage with another software?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That can also be decoding errors from H.264 and H.265 footage. It just takes a little glitch in the data to foul things up. That is just one of about a hundred good reasons to never use compressed footage for anything but delivering a product to a consumer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, do yourself a favor and get one of the apps that make phones work more like proper video cameras. 

Built-in phone camera apps suck.  They shoot at variable frame rates.  They record in crummy codecs. 

You aren't doing yourself any favors by just picking up the phone and rolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem... switchin codec, frame rate and cameras doesnt solve that issue for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue sounds like its related to your GPU.

1) Which GPU are you using?

2) Ensure you have the latest GPU drivers installed

3) Take a screen grab of your Composition Panel (DO NOT CROP THIS IMAGE!)

4) Take a screen grab of Project Settings (just the Video Rendering and Effects tab/section)

5) Take a screen grab of Preferences>Previews AND Preferences>Display

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Project Settings (Ctrl + Alt + Shift + K) > Video Rendering and Effects i switched to Mercury Software only and it worked. Looks like my Intel GPU was kinda broken. Thank you for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcode with HandBrake your HEVC video (iPhone H.265) to a more compatible H.264 format and with this you solve your issue.

https://handbrake.fr/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would never transcode any footage to h.264. You are asking for compression and color artifacts. If you need to transcode footage do some research into visually lossless production formats. There are several. MPEG interframe is never a good choice for a digital intermediate. Sure, you can get away with it sometimes, but it's not a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course I would not either, as long as my video was originally recorded with Apple ProRes, DNxHR / DNxHD, etc., in that case it would be losing a lot of quality. But in this case it has been recorded with a cell phone what tells me that whatever has been recorded has a level of compression with artifacts and there will be little difference between the one and the other. In any case, it is a valid option to transcode it to MP4 / H.264, the issue is making tests and checking whether it works or not.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines