• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dip to White: Option to start mid-transition is missing

New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember in previous version of Premiere, I used to be able to start a Dip to White transition at the 50 percent mark, so that it would start immediately at white, and then dissolve back into the footage. Is seems that now this option is missing. Is there a way to make it work (And I don't mean a workaround like making a white color matte and then adding a cross dissolve)? This feature was useful for other transition types as well- When you don't need the whole transition, but just need the first or last half of it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

As Ann mentioned, in Premiere Pro version 12.1 the Dip to Black and Dip to White transitions were redesigned to add Save Preset functionality. Unfortunately, this came at the cost of losing Start/End functionality. Please feel free to provide your feedback here: Please add back the percentages feature in Dip To Black/White transition. Why break it? – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dip to white/black has been redesigned.

Best is to use it only as a double sided transition.

For single sided transition use a color matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's unfortunate that it's been "redesigned" to remove features. Good to know there's workarounds but it's always a pain when features are removed for seemingly no reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create the transition as preset with the ramp effect, start color white, end color white, use keyframes in blend with original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Redesigned = removed time saving functionality for no obvious benefit, cheers Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea...I came here with the same question. I could swear i was JUST using this a couple of weeks ago. As I'm pretty new to Adobe I have no idea how to do this seemingly simple workaround. In my head I was like if only I could make an all white frame and transition from there. Except now I have to learn how to make an all white frame.

Whats the point?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White frame? make a color matte and set it to white.

Or someone suggested to make a preset from the ramp effect.

Set everything to white and keyframe blend with original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann mentioned, in Premiere Pro version 12.1 the Dip to Black and Dip to White transitions were redesigned to add Save Preset functionality. Unfortunately, this came at the cost of losing Start/End functionality. Please feel free to provide your feedback here: Please add back the percentages feature in Dip To Black/White transition. Why break it? – Adobe vide...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the case why (visible in the screen grab) of the 3 dips to black I have added to the end of clips in V2, V3 and V4 does the dip on V4 still have the 'end at 50%' functionality?  The others don't.  Baffling.  Yes, this is CC18.

Creating a ramp preset is an irritating extra step TBH.Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 12.04.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of a colour matte like everyone suggests try using ramp, I prefer it.

Just change both the colours on the ramp to white, and keyframe the blend to original

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines