• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Close-captions in Premiere 2018 Out Point?

Advocate ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To any ACP members who use close-captions regularly, are there known bugs with close-captions in Premiere Pro 2018 (Version 12.1.1)? After the last caption, the final close-caption does't go away after its out point has passed. The only thing I can do is turn them off and assume that the out points are good. Luckily the close-captions export and look the way that they should on on DVD and Vimeo. But it would be nice to know for sure in the Premiere Pro sequence. Has anyone else encountered this and know if there is a fix for this?

Thanks,

Brandon Loshe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't do much with CC in PrPro but enough to know even when it works it doesn't always make sense to me. Sigh.

I have communicated to the managers/engineers at NAB and elsewhere besides filing reports on this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on (closed) captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well for television we legally have to have them. So giving up isn't really an option lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several third-party vendors that have captions creation apps ... I think most people using closed captions in PrPro make them outside the app with those, then import them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I make them outside of Premiere, too. I use a .mcc file exported from MacCaption, and layer the .mcc files into the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines