• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

screen blacks out momentarily (flickers, blinks, flashes, etc) when using InDesign CC 2017

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have more than one InDesign document open, and I jump from one to another, click on a text box already created, I get a black blink momentarily.

It does not effect my working just bloody annoying.

Running Creative Suite Indesign CC 2017 version 12.0.0.81 latest version on latest OS Sierra

Does anyone know why this is happening ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indesign CC 2017, what would be your diagnosis ? have you had this happen to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mitchell,

What is the graphic card installed in your computer? Is the GPU Performance enabled in InDesign? If yes, please disable it from the preferences and check.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a built-in retina display, Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB graphics card.

Its a brand new computer.

It does this regard of the GPU Performance enabled or not.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I also have this issue.

But i have disabled this option in preferences but this is still happening to me, any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had identical problems since upgrading from the ID 2015 to ID 2017.

The first time I click on any text box in a document when that document is made active (either because it was just opened, or because I've switched between 2 open documents), I get a black flash lasting about 1/10th of a second -- this is extremely distracting.

27" iMac Retina Display (Late 2014), 4GHz Core i7, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon r9 M295X (4GB VRAM), macOS 10.12.1

The problem occurs whether GPU performance is enabled in the prefs or not.

André

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Retina Mac (and so can't enable GPU performance) and this blink happens to me as well, even when I have only one document open. I tried this in multiple files and formats (converted 2016 indd, newly-made 2017 indd, idml) and on regular pages and master pages, and on other objects. For me this is only happening when the first thing I do in a document is click to edit an already-created text box but only when using the text tool. There's no blink when double-clicking to edit. Whew.

OS X Sierra 10.12.1, InDesign CC 2017 12.0.0.81

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue with InDesign now that I've moved to a 4K monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me on my 27" iMac and my little MacBook Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign. Removed all preferences too.
This did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best to report bugs (or look for ones previous reported) here to add you comments:

Feature Requests/Bugs

That's where they will be seen by the product managers and engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines