Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest version of Premiere?

Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm working in Premiere Pro 2017.1.2 (and corresponding versions of Audition and After Effects). I haven't updated for a little while as I was mid-project, and also seeing quite a few people were having issues with PP 2018 - so I decided to wait.

I do recall looking at new features esp. with regards to interactions between Audition and Premiere, and it looks well worth updating for those features, I'm thinking to do so now that I'm not at a critical moment in a project.

So my question: when I go to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select the "apps" tab, I no longer see options to install the CC 2018 apps.

Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 12.48.01.png

What I'd like to do is install the new (CC 2018) Premiere Pro, After Effects and Audition apps, without uninstalling the existing installed versions I'm using. Can anyone explain how to do this, and why I don't see CC 2018 apps in this list? (Also I'm not sure what the apps Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC are? - in my applications folder I only see Premiere Pro CC2017 and After Effects CC2017)

I'm using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Thanks

Duncan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

2018 is now called just CC. The same goes for AE.

Just hit update. I would leave 2017 on the computer for the time being.

Screen+Shot+2018-06-23+at+12.48.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018 is now called just CC. The same goes for AE.

Just hit update. I would leave 2017 on the computer for the time being.

Screen+Shot+2018-06-23+at+12.48.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann

thanks - before I hit update as you suggest I'd like to clarify as I'm a bit confused, why do I see Premiere Pro CC in this list (and the ability to update) if I do not have it already installed? I'm expecting to see a button to "install" rather than update.

And, to check - installing Premiere Pro CC (and After Effects etc) won't replace / remove CC 2017 version, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't answer the question about a "new" CC 2018 showing as "update," but I suspect the latest version is always an update from the last. So new install of 2018 is an update?

I will add some cautions.

I have seen no other reports of the very odd outcome when I installed CC 2018 (I think it was already 2018.0.1) on my laptop. I had CS6, 2015, and 2017 already installed. I got no option for "advanced options" where I could select "keep old versions." (I assume that is no longer the way it is done? Old versions are simply kept?) BUT it left PR CS6, 2015, and 2017, and UNINSTALLED AME 2015 and 2017. This was around the time that I thought the "new" Dolby-less versions were all done, but who knows.

Be careful: if you have an old 2017.1.2 (rather than the new 2017.1.4, which still shows as 2017.1.2 in the about screen), if it is uninstalled, you cannot get the original version to install.

You can always have a system disk disaster, so always have system backups, it may provide your only option for return to an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... previously new versions (not updates) always showed up with an "install" button. And I think there was an "advanced" tab somewhere that allowed you to choose to keep a previous version, installing the new one in parallel.

So I'm a bit reluctant to hit the "update" buttons I see before knowing exactly what's going on (for the reasons you point out!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is an update button for CC (2018) it means you do not have the latest version installed (12.1.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere, Audition and AECC 2017 installed (Premiere build 11.1.2). I never installed CC 2018, hence I don't understand why there is an "update" button...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update button means update from 2017 to CC (2018)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understood! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines