• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashing on Export

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that continuously crashes after it reaches around 5-10% of the export. It is a longer sequence, around 1.5 hours, and the export initially says it should take around 3-4 hours. It eventually shoots up to 11+ hours and then stops all progress around the 5-10% mark. It stays there for a while until I close the program or my computer crashes. I have been through this process several times. One interesting thing about the project is it is almost entirely a green screen key.

Troubleshooting I have already tried:

-Exporting short chunks of the export (same problem, I've tried as little as 5 minutes of the sequence and it still crashes)

-Creating a new sequence. I have copied over everything identically for a new sequence and it still has the same issue

-Creating a new project and importing the sequence. I run into the same problem

-Switching from GPU Acceleration CUDU to Software renderer (I've tried both and both haven't solved the problem)

-Removing all effects (I kept the exact same project, just removed all of the effects and it still had the same problem)

-Encoding the clip to a new format thinking maybe the old file was corrupt. That doesn't appear to be the problem as the new file still had the same issue.

-Clearing my Media Cache

-Exporting from Media Encoder

Other things to note:

-This is exclusive to just this project. I can work on other projects just fine.

-It is not just the export that I have problems with, sometimes even when I just open up the project and try to look at different frames the program crashes on me

Screenshot of my timeline:

Screenshot (2).png

Computer Specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

RAM: 32GB

GPU: GTX 1070

Running Windows 10 Pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Hey Neil,

Thank you for your help! There was a corrupt file in one of the clips in my background layer that it kept chugging and stalling on. I assumed the problem would be with the keying layer.

Thank you for your help!

-Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried selecting all on that sequence, copying, and pasting that copy into a new project?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have and no luck, it still crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, but ... as you can work other things, something is rotten in that sequence or the media that's used in it ... have you dragged it onto MediaInfo to see what's inside it? (After it opens, select "Tree View", copy/paste a screen grab of the Video section here.)

And ... what is the media involved ... shot by what camera/device, format/codec, frame-size/rate, that sort of thing?

Neil

MediaInfo download page: https://mediaarea.net/nn/MediaInfo/Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's almost as if my CPU just completely stops exporting. I just started an export on 30 min of the sequence a couple of days ago. Within about 45 minutes it worked through about 15% of the sequence. I left the computer on (turned sleep mode to never so it would keep working) and left for a day and a half. I just came back to see the computer still on, stalled at 23%, and now it estimates an export of 70 days.

Screenshot (4).png

Device info:

Shot on Panasonic GH5, I believe it was either MP4 or MOV, 29.97, 3840 x 2160

Screenshot on left is the original file, screenshot on the right is the transcoded file. Both same result

Screenshot (5).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some GH5 10-bit media has had hiccups in PrPro. Have you tried cutting the media into short clips and exporting clips to see if it does some sections and chokes on others?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Neil,

Thank you for your help! There was a corrupt file in one of the clips in my background layer that it kept chugging and stalling on. I assumed the problem would be with the keying layer.

Thank you for your help!

-Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines