• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge problem after upgrade to 7.4

Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added colour labels then filtered to show only labelled folders.

Selected 3 jpg files to photomerge. The preview appeared. I did not select stack. selected the merge button. Progress bar on main screen gets to approx. 70% to 80% then hangs. The merged image does appear in the catalog although the autocrop has not been applied.

Had to kill the program after 20 mins waiting just in case. Restarted tried the same thing and it hung again

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't add color labels to folders.

I did choose to stack the images.

I did choose the auto crop option.

I selected 24 raw images to merge into a single panorama.

Not the exact same procedure that you used, but the panorama completed without a problem. Took about 6 min. Using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your scenario and the merge worked ok.  OSX 10.13.5 and Lr CC 7.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem appears to be with the Filter.

The merge completes happily when all folders are displayed (have repeated this with 3 groups of jpgs).

As soon as I turn on the filter to show labelled folders (I have created a lot, with a lot of images) screen refreshing slows to a crawl. Then trying the merge again it seems to hang.

I now suspect that in fact it is not hanging, just performing very very slowly. At the moment I do not have time to test this to see if I am correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem last night again when the PC appeared to have hung. I decided to leave it overnight to see if it completed.

This morning it had done, and all was well. Looking at the time stamp on the new file, it appears it took approx. 90 minutes to complete the merge.

Most merges complete as anticipated, and take between 10 & 30 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is hopeless Adobe. Another merge has been hanging now for 30 mins. Can't use Lightroom for anything in the meantime and the whole PC is slow as LR is using approx. 65% CPU & 50% Memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I always stack and label green the photos that I do pano merge. With 7.4 my merge command was suspending in LR. After reading the above, I removed the green label from and re-tried the merge command, and the image merge worked flawlessly. Therefore, this suggests there is a problem with the labeling that is freezing up the merge....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines