• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Disable Windows Ink in Acrobat DC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Acrobat on a Surface Book 2 (using only the tablet portion without the keyboard attached) to edit documents. Since Acrobat has a pen tool already, which allows me to "ink" directly on a pdf (a function that Adobe has made available for quite a long time), I want to use my Surface pen as a "mouse" and as a pen in the input panel--which is the way I've used it up until recent Windows 10 updates apparently changed the way the pen functions in Acrobat. Has anyone discovered a way to disable Windows Ink in Acrobat, enabling the pen to be used for a broader range of purposes than just inking? This change has completely obliterated the way I use my tablet and pen in Acrobat, and like others, I'm frustrated with the loss of functionality.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

I found the answer!  On the top menu bar (up by File, Edit, View . . . ) choose Edit.  Go to Preferences, and then Commenting.  The last choice is "Auto Detect pen hardware to enable markup."  Take the check out of this box and save.  This allows the Surface Pen to become a stylus again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer!  On the top menu bar (up by File, Edit, View . . . ) choose Edit.  Go to Preferences, and then Commenting.  The last choice is "Auto Detect pen hardware to enable markup."  Take the check out of this box and save.  This allows the Surface Pen to become a stylus again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved me. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, THANK YOU very much! Not sure why I had such a hard time finding this with search engines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines