• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-import options limitations - any workaround

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use the auto-import feature to automatically pick up image files from my google drive.

However, there is a much more limited set of options available in the auto-import dialog.

The most crucial omission is the inability to move images into subfolders.

In the regular import dialog, I use

Organize "by date"

Date format "2018/06"

Is there a way to do the same for auto-import ?

I haven't found one so far, and I'm forced to run import from my google drive manually instead.

Pentax K-1 II . Panasonic Lumix GX85.

i7-5820k OC 4.3 GHz
32GB DDR4-2666
8x1 TB striped SSD
nVidia GTX 960
2 x 32UHD59-B 32" 4K displays
1 x Asus PB238Q HD display
10Gbe Ethernet

112TB NAS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto-import is very limited in what it can do. I think it best you have a read at the post by mc901 in this thread. It mentions a Google App that synchronises to your desktop, etc\

Google Photos to Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on Ian's reply, there was a popular free plugin OttomanicImporter that provided many more features for auto import. Unfortunately, it's author passed away several years ago. You can still obtain the plugin from here: Re: Rob Cole has passed away . Many of his plugins still work in LR 7, but I haven't seen any reports about OttomanicImporter either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already have the google drive app. All images (& videos) are automatically downloaded to a browser on my local drive.

The problem is that when setting up auto-import to that folder, files are not allowed to be imported to the correct subfolder (year/month) in my catalog.

If I run Import manually on the google photos folder, everything works as expected, but that is a manual process. I was hoping to be able to use auto-import and not have to click every time. Alas, that seems to be a lost cause.

I can't fathom why the Auto-import dialog is so limited, and why it even looks different at all from the regular import.

Pentax K-1 II . Panasonic Lumix GX85.

i7-5820k OC 4.3 GHz
32GB DDR4-2666
8x1 TB striped SSD
nVidia GTX 960
2 x 32UHD59-B 32" 4K displays
1 x Asus PB238Q HD display
10Gbe Ethernet

112TB NAS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines