• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copyright law: Using screenshot in Video

Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used the blue iMessage "Bubble" from a screenshot I took on the iPhone in my video.

Am I allowed to publish the video without restrictions or is it forbidden, because I didn't create the "Bubble" all by myself?

Thank you very much for your help,

Toni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

all kidding aside, I know of only one time when someone got a cease and desist order from a legal rep of MOPAR. The man I know made a nice documentary about MOPAR cars and made DVD's and sold them via magazine articles ( car racing magazines, etc. ). Even though the documentary really promoted the brand a LOT and was obviously cool product, they sent him that letter.

He had to stop putting ads in the magazines to promote the sale of those DVD's.

Bummer.

but I think he somehow managed to sell most o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think anyone will burst that bubble.

Icons are used all over the place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give you permission to use that logo if you send me $4.00 cash to

Permission

P.O. Box 1234

Grand Central Station, NY

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

all kidding aside, I know of only one time when someone got a cease and desist order from a legal rep of MOPAR. The man I know made a nice documentary about MOPAR cars and made DVD's and sold them via magazine articles ( car racing magazines, etc. ). Even though the documentary really promoted the brand a LOT and was obviously cool product, they sent him that letter.

He had to stop putting ads in the magazines to promote the sale of those DVD's.

Bummer.

but I think he somehow managed to sell most of the DVD's he had ordered up front from DVD maker...and go this money back from that at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines