• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import video files

Contributor ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 (Build 1176617) installed on Mac Pro cylinder OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan with 64 GB RAM

I have tried repeatedly to import ".MTS" video files from my smart card in a reader (Sony RX100 camera), and the same video files from my external hard drive and failed every time. I also have tried to import my friends two ".mov" iPhone video files (from my external hard drive) with the same result. The error message is:

"An unknown error has occurred while reading the video file. Connecting to Dynamic Link server failed."

I have no problem importing raw photo files from the Sony RX100 or my Nikon D850. I updated Lightroom in the past week and I am not sure if this is some incompatibility between the Mac OS X and Lightroom.

Anyone have the same problem or idea on how to fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching the forum for "Connecting to Dynamic Link server failed" finds lots of accepted correct answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution below did not work for me, and I have the latest version of Quicktime.

"Adobe support fixed my issue On a Mac doing the following:

Quit LR

From the Finder type: (CMD-SHIFT_G) OR from GO Menu

Enter path: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/

Rename the following folders with a .old OR delete the directory

dynamiclinkmediaserver

dynamiclinkmanager

DyanmicLinkMediaServer

Open LR and Import Video files as usual. Worked for me!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There were a number of correct answers, if that one doesn't work, perhaps another will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines