• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest version of Lightroom Classic won't open after GeForce 970 driver update

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until a few days ago LR Classic was working fine. Then I updated the driver for my video card (GeForce GTX970) and after that neither LR or Photoshop will open. I contacted Adobe support on chat and they remote connected to my computer. The support person then went into the registry editor and also did a change to a .dll file. After that, both LR and PS started working again. But later on I tried opening some of my games and they would not open. So I restored the graphics driver and problems with LR/PS came back. Then rolled back the graphics driver to previous version, but still LR/PS would not open.

I usually keep my graphic drivers updated and this is the first time ever that I have a problem with LR/PS for that reason.

Anybody else has this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't mention what version of LR Classic or your version of Windows.

I am on LR Classic, 7.4 and Win 10 with all the latest updates. I use the GTX 970 like you. The version of the 970 driver I'm using is 13.9811 dated 6/1/2018. Every thing is working fine with LR, PS, Premier Pro and Media encoder.

I am using a brand new build, I7 8700K, etc.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is what I'm using

Win 10 (with latest updates)

LR Classic 7.4

GeForce driver 398.11 (6/5/18)

CPU - AMD FX-9590

MB Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

The problem started as soon as I updated to the latest graphics driver this past week. Both PS and LR would crash at opening. I wish I had noted what .dll file the support person removed when she was connected to my computer, well, I asked but didn't get details, she just told me it was a problem with a .dll file and I assumed everything was OK since now LR and PS were working fine. Except that when I tried opening some of the racing games (PCars2, Assetto Corsa, etc) they would crash, something that had never happened. So I assumed it was the graphics driver, went back to reinstall, games ran OK, but no LR or PS.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much same setup as me. If it was my machine, I would delete the video card in win 10 and reboot, letting Win 10 re-install the 970 without getting the latest driver from Nvidia. See if that helps with the crashes. Then try updating to the latest drivers.

Also, If you have video on the motherboard, after deleting the 970 in the devices list on Win 10, just remove it from the machine. Then see if your apps will load without the 970 installed.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks KR Seals. So, I just did that. Rebooted the machine without reinstalling drivers. I forgot to mention that I have a triple screen setup, so when rebooted, went to single screen mode. I tried opening LR and it opened and worked fine. I then went into triple screen mode and tried again and LR would not open. Reverted back to single screen, LR opens.

The problem is only when I'm on triple screen mode. Which, is, all the time. So, that is probably a problem with the 970 driver and the surround display. Which obviously will not be fixed by Adobe or Nvidia. It seems I will have to wait until a new driver comes up and see if that solves the problem. Meanwhile I will have to be switching from single to triple screen.

/Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Art, I hope you find a solution.  I have used two NEC displays with LR for years without trouble but I have no Idea how to make it work with three.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

KR Seals, Nvidia just released a new driver yesterday and the problem has been fixed. Now I'm able again to open LR in my triple screen setup. Thanks for the help!

/Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines