• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why in the exporting settings, I can't choose CUDA ?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I can't find a solution to my problem.... And I know it has been asked many times.

I am using CC2018 up to date, on a PC built by me:

- Windows 10 pro x64

- CPU: AMD Ryzen Theardripper 1950x 16

- 32gb de RAM

- GPU: Nvidia GTX 780Ti

I am trying to export a pretty big project in VR (H264 / VBR2 / 100Mbp/s) with many effects that need GPU acceleration and my premiere won't let me chose between CUDA and Software only as the menu is greyed on "software only".

In the project settings, I can chose what rendering type I want but for the encoding I can't so I am getting failure during the export because of the GPU acceleration unavailable...

I tried with some lighter settings such as VBR 1 or 45Mbp/s but I still get failure... I managed to export the video in 2 parts and then by exporting the 2 parts as one video (because the effects are now part of the footages) but it is a big waste of time.

I don't have a Integrated Graphic Processor in my machin. My Nvidia Driver is the last one, I even deleted it to reinstalled it. And Gpusniffer seems to find my GeForce 780 Ti when I run it by going into the CC 2018 folder and running a powershell windows to check it.

If you have any idea how to help me it would be awsome. If I am missing something obvious I apologize and I hope to fix it soon.

Thanks a lot,

Jules

Adobe_prob.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

The "rendering" settings for the H.264 encoder has absolutely nothing to do at all whatsoever with the MPE GPU acceleration settings for the project. The hardware acceleration settings for the H.264 encoder does not use CUDA or OpenCL at all; it uses only the QuickSync feature of certain Intel CPUs with their own integrated Intel HD, UHD or Iris Graphics. However, if you have a qualifying Intel i3, i5 or i7 CPU with integrated graphics but then disable the integrated graphics to allow the discre

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "rendering" settings for the H.264 encoder has absolutely nothing to do at all whatsoever with the MPE GPU acceleration settings for the project. The hardware acceleration settings for the H.264 encoder does not use CUDA or OpenCL at all; it uses only the QuickSync feature of certain Intel CPUs with their own integrated Intel HD, UHD or Iris Graphics. However, if you have a qualifying Intel i3, i5 or i7 CPU with integrated graphics but then disable the integrated graphics to allow the discrete GPU to function properly, then QuickSync will also be disabled, resulting in the H.264 encoder setting to default to the "Software only" position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry I was not understanding correctly.

Error_encoding.png

This failure has nothing to do with a software or a hardware encoding ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error box ... note the time listed? That typically indicates there's a problem with the sequence or the cache/media cache database for that sequence at that point. So you go to that spot on the sequence, and see what's "up". You may need to undo/remove the effect (in this case, probably the Lumetri color work) and re-do. You may need to close PrPro and manually delete everything in the cache files, reboot, launch PrPro and give it a few minutes to rebuild cache files, then try to export.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All right all right.

I have always seen the possibility to export with the hardware encoding on my company's station and now that I just built mine I don't have acces to it.

And when I saw the error while exporting I thought it was linked.

There were Intel CPU's and I am on AMD.

Thank you for you help and your time.

I will try that !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines