Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clips keep going fast

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In premiere pro, when I add a clip and cut it, when I play that clip back in the preview window, it goes about 2 times the normal speed, but it's the whole clip not the edited version, sometimes when I go back to it, it plays normal speed for a short period of time, them the clip flashes red and starts going fast again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

OBS is often variable framerate. What specific dot version of PR are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview is on the left, called the Source Monitor.  Program is on the right, called the Program Monitor.

Are you seeing the problem in Preview, the Source Monitor on the left, or in Program on the right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program moniitor on the right, also when I export, it's the same aswell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Let's start with some data.

What camera was used to record the footage?  What are the specs of the footage (resolution, frame rate. etc.)?  What specific version of PP are you using (look in Help>About)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I used OBS software to record my screen, which was recorded at 30fps, it was MP4 file format.

I am using premiere pro cc latest version as it auto updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OBS is often variable framerate. What specific dot version of PR are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 12.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I looked a little more into the OBS vide, and it does look like it's being caused by the variable frame rate, so thank you all for pointing me in the right direction, I got a piece of software that changes the frame rate to a fixed frame rate, so hopefully that will do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines