• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing to an external drive

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Mac Desktop and Laptop on which I have loaded Lightroom 6.  Unfortunately, the laptop does not have sufficient memory for my photos.  When using the Laptop I have the library on an external hard drive.  My issue is when Importing the photos import to the laptop and not the external drive.  Can not find how to change to import to the external drive.

Thank you

Wally

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

When you initiate the import process you will see in the right most column at the bottom of the list "Destination". This is where you will select the external drive. To learn more about importing read on:

How to Copy Files to an External Hard Drive in Lightroom « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you initiate the import process you will see in the right most column at the bottom of the list "Destination". This is where you will select the external drive. To learn more about importing read on:

How to Copy Files to an External Hard Drive in Lightroom « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the panels on the lower right hand side of the import module, you will find places to designate the drive and folder you want to use for the imported images.

Oooops, cmgap beat me to it 🙂

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you run the import process, you will be prompted with the import screen, which is logically divided in three section, left to right:

Source panel on the left, select view on the middle, destination panel on the right.

You have to select the right destination drive from the right panel.

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 19.31.45.png

As you may notice, I have two drive available: Macintosh HD and MiniVault.

Just choose the right folder on the right drive.

If this is not possible for whatever reason, maybe give us some details about the issues your facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines