• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modify Mini TOC

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2009 Feb 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to change Show/Hide text for the mini toc? I want to make it say Show Contents/Hide Contents instead. I looked in the html code and i can only find the "In this Topic" portion of that text.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2009 Feb 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe you change this as follows:

Click File > Project Settings > General tab.
Click Advanced...
Click the LNG file tab.
Scroll to the [MasterPage] section and change the two values in the section.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Captiv8r,

The section [Materpage] cannot be found here. Any other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Casper, if you search on MasterPage, not MaterPage, you'll find these two entries (as long as you're actually in RH 8):

MT_HideString=Hide
MT_ShowString=Show

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

@Leon... LOL!

@Casper - It would seem plausible to me that if you had a project that was upgraded from an earlier project, RoboHelp 8 may not have added that in there so you don't see it. If that's the case, you might wish to try creating a totally new project, then copying the .LNG file from the new one to the existing one. (I'd suggest backing up the existing one first just in case)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2010 Mar 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to turn off the show/hide option of the mini-toc?

It displays "In this Topic: Hide"......and really drives me nuts. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot turn it off as far as I know. You can amend the text but unlike some other options that you can change in the LNG tab of Advanced Settings, this one has to contain something or it returns to the default. Other settings you can hide by leaving them blank. Don't ask me why.

Take a look at Mini TOC within http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/index.htm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappointing....

I guess I'll just create my own then......okay, if it's not modifiable, but they could have at least changed where the Show/Hide words display within the mini-TOC!

(thanks for the link!)

--J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be modified, it cannot be removed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2010 Mar 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all

If you are willing to dispense with seeing the "In this topic" bit, the Show/Hide seems to disappear if you edit the placeholder and totally clear the Caption area of any text.

If you still want to see the caption text, try inserting a space there. Then edit the LNG file to read the way you want it. Perhaps "Show - In this topic" and "Hide - In this topic".

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp