• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a general failure with RoboHelp 7? WYS is NOT WYG ??

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2009 Feb 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Love to show you screen shots of a Herculean struggle within the RH interface to get a simple all text numbered list to align (especially when one line item runs on for a few lines) and then what shows up in the published doc.

Just no comparison.

Is this version 7 of RoboHelp simply a lemon? I've been working with RoboHelp since its inception, along with Dreamweaver, and have not seen this buggy and unstable an interface. What is the point of WYSIWYG if what you see is a total fiction?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if it were that bad there would be many more posts like yours.

There are plenty of sites to load images to.

Using RH HTML?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed your post refers to RH7 but the heading says RH8. Which is it?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try that again

[url=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/][img=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1123a48c48.gif][/url]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you get

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?de3b2f54ca.gif

How am I supposed to work with this?

Would you care to see the underlying code in RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that it is impossible to get them aligned in the interface. Sorry. I know the screenshots show similar (though greater) problems.

The text comes into RH from FrameMaker mis-formatted, and despite parallel code in code view from one line to the next, they do not align. No amount of re-styling or even direct manipulation of the css seems to help.

There are non-breaking spaces sprinkled here and there within all manner of tags. Deleting one in one paragraph tag causes several paragraphs to mis-align. Mexican jumping beans.

There is a tag in the code for a style which does not exist in the style sheet assigned to the topic. Worse, deleting it crashes the app. repeatedly.

I have too much work to get through to mess with this. Never had such song and dance with simple styling back in the kadov days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't mention these problems did not occur in prior project with RH 7 importing from like formatted FrameMaker document. The style sheet for the .fm was imported from the other .fm

the paragraphs and line items in RH are gorged with code and no amount of 're-apply' or other styling method will allow me to align a numbered list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven

Is this question now being handled via this thread?

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=447&threadid=1428680&e...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing similar issues...especially nested lists that go all over the place and cannot be fixed in the WYSIWYG editor. Often we can fix it by editing the html code directly (often appears that there are multiple tags that are "overstepping" each other). But I have also seen the "mexican jumping bean" phenomenon. And similarly, haven't had these kinds of problems in any ealier version (we are using RH7). Sometimes, we end up trashing the content altogether and retyping. It does seem to be a bigger problem for topics that are converted from an ealier version (we are going from 5 to 7) or being imported (we import mostly Word docs.)

I would like to see the other posting that Peter referenced, but when I click it just takes me to the Adobe main forums page. I'm relatively new to forums, so I suspect I'm doing something wrong just clicking it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hover over StevenJS avatar and you will see links to some of his other posts.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I guess so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp