Exit

Lightroom breaks images while building previews

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Lightroom CC Classic

Latest nVidia drivers

Worked perfectly moments before latest import.

Revert FAILS to return images to original state.

Fails repeatedly even after I delete and re-import files

The files being imported:  FILES-I-WANT-TO-IMPORT-LIGHTROOM-SUCKS.png

You see what happens as previews are built:  LIGHTROOM-SUDDENLY-SUCKS.png

WHY DO I HAVE TO USE A COMMUNITY FORUM TO GET SUPPORT?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is not he problem, it is merely showing you that the raw data is corrupted--the magenta color means that one or  both green channels is missing and only red and blue channels are being used to create the image.

This is usually caused by a bad card, or a bad transfer from the card, where the cable or card reader is bad, occasionally the camera is writing images bad to the card, but usually it's the card or hardware beyond, even the computer hard drive could be the problem.

You should try to retransfer images from the card using another method than you did originally (cable vs card-reader vs another card reader) and see if things clear up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would believe you.  Except that ACR and Photoshop have ZERO trouble with the images.  So it is clearly a Lightroom deficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These files are corrupted. The cause is some hardware malfunction somewhere. You need to try importing the photos again, using different hardware (if you used a card reader, use the USB cable that came with the camera), and if possible import to a different hard disk. You need to run diagnostics on your hard disk; and on your computer memory.

WHY DO I HAVE TO USE A COMMUNITY FORUM TO GET SUPPORT?????

No one is forcing you to use this community. If you don't want to, don't use it. Right there at the top of the screen is "Support Home", which you might want to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RE: Not having to use the forums - that depends on whether you select "Lightroom" from the product choices, or Adobe CC Photographer blah blah"  See image below.  Anyway - done with the forums now.  Not corruption.  ACR and Photoshop handle the files flawlessly (as do several other applications).  It's definitely a Lightroom-only thing.REAL-SUPPORT-OPTIONS.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really feel your frustration at witnessing the corruption of your files, DallasJoeT, and I am sure many photographers would feel the same way.

This is the worst realisation of sorts, and while I can sympathise, I get that you are looking for a solution and we will try to find one.

With my equipment I have couple of SD slots in both Nikons I use, and the menu system with those allows me duplicate each shot across the 2 cards.

I am wondering if that might be something to look at in the future if possible?

I hope good fortune eventually falls on your side in regard of your files. Be assured that contributors in this forum will be framing responses and some will come to fruition as a solution over time I'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines