• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving photos to external drive fails (stuck)

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to move some photos to my Western Digital My Cloud drive (external storage). This just never goes away. How to I stop the process? How to I find what pictures I was moving and "deselect" them from this process. Very novice here so thanks in advance for any help!

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 7.12.07 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

Are you doing this from inside Lightroom? The screen shot isn't definitive perhaps.

That is to say are they in a LR catalog already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You move the photos using your operating system, and then reconnect in Lightroom via these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

HINT: next time, put the photos on the external drive straight out of the camera, and then you won't have to move them at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines