Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with creating sequential numbering in Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I trying to create a field that will allow me to do a sequential numbers in a file that I created in Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017. The document is a voucher that is used for supportive services and needs a sequential numbering. This document will also be used by multiple people so no duplication is important. This number is used as a tracking mechanism for our accounting purposes. We are currently using paper vouchers and trying to go paperless.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

[Title and body edited by moderator to add "Acrobat". Adobe is a company. Acrobat is the software.]

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which program are you using? Acrobat, perhaps?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes about Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no easy way of doing that, unless you have a web-server that can disseminate these numbers. How would one copy of the file know that another copy was opened on another machine? Alternatively, you can use random numbers, or apply the sequential numbers in a single location (once the files have been sent back to you, for example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you heard of Bates Numbering in the type of situation that I have? I don’t have access to the web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I have. But that's a solution that can be used on a single computer. You're talking about a system that works across multiple computers. Without a web-server it's not going to be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As was already explained. you need a server. here is some information about how to implement this:

Getting a Serial Number Into a Form Using SOAP - KHKonsulting LLC

Connect to Database from PDF Form - This Time Without SOAP - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines