• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to Folder

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2009 Feb 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching in RoboHelp help but i can't find anything pertaining to Folder linking.

Is this possible? Any help is apprecated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It should be as simple as linking to the folder name. Pathing could be an issue though. It would help if you could advise where the folder is or will be in relation to your output.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder is located on a network share.

i tried the hyperlink, put in the path the folder with the default folder path
"\\server\share\folder\folder", it yelled at me but it worked in the preview.

Once i generated FlashHelp it replaced the server with the htt://robohelpserver/part-of-the-path/ and obviously that does not work.

Edit -
I could just put the path of the folder directly in the help page (don't know if that would work - don't see why not though) but i thought it would look better if the path is linked from one word rather than have the entire path showing. It is quite long

Edit x2 -
I tried putting the folder path in the topic body but it just picks it up as regular text.

Edit x3 -
I've also just tried (unseccessfully) creating a .lnk(shortcut) file to that folder and linking via the file hyperlink within RoboHelp but for some reason that doesn't work either.

I'll be out of tricks pretty soon if not already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

One possibility would involve using JavaScript to perform a "write in" of the link information. My thought here is that by using JavaScript, RoboHelp wouldn't be so eager to adjust things. It should leave it alone.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2009 Feb 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's this coffee script you speak of?

that is way over my head. :)
anyone have any pointers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I'll see what I can do to put some script together and post here that you might copy/paste to accomplish the goal.

I'll also provide instructions.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 28, 2009 Feb 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

See if this script will help you out and do the job. Note that you will need to modify it for your particulars.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2009 Mar 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Rick that did the trick.

One more question though - how would i make that script to open in a new window? Currently it opens in the same window.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump on this topic.

anyone know how to get the script to load in a new window instead of the same window?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry I seemed to have dropped the ball on this. I'm guessing you haven't tried the following?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
I tried the =_blank and that just broke the script alltogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Did you try by copying what I posted and pasting or by simply editing what you had working? Note that if you get the _blank on the opposite side of the quote it will probably fail.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time i hit apply on the script window the </script> disappears...
this is what is causing the break i guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
by the way Rick, I figured it out.

For some reason when i go to
Insert>HTML>Advanced>Script
and enter the script above i get a syntax error.

i switch from Design to HTML and manually enter the whole thing, it works fine. I don't know why it does that but whatever works at this point. The link is opening to a new window so for all intents and purposes this is good for me.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp