Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for fix for memory issue of Acrobat Pro 10.1.16 with Windows 10 1803

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

a customer of ours is using Acrobat Pro 10.1.16 with latest Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. Probably since having 1803 installed, there is a problem with Acrobat which resembles a problem users of photoshop elements have with Windows 10 1803 and which is described here:

Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

In this post there is a description for a fix which consists of creating a DWORD (32 Bit) named "OverridePhysicalMemoryMB" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop\120.0

Unluckily this fix is a fix for photoshop elements only, so i can't follow the steps.

Does anybody know, which registry keys have to be created to fix the problem for Acrobat Pro 10.1.16 ?

Kind regards

HAL

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is outdated, not supported by Adobe and not compatible with Windows 10. Problems with it are to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey try67,

you are definitely right. Maybe i should have written the sentence

"I am aware that Acrobat X is outdated, not supported by Adobe and not compatible with Windows 10, so problems with it are to be expected. But maybe, there is a solution, despite all that."

I decided to not write it first, but i will edit my posting now and add the sentence in order to get further with the topic.

Thank you anyway for your contribution

HAL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem description is purely a Photoshop family issue. I suggest you describe your Acrobat X problem in detail. But bear in mind Windows 10 is not like older Windows. It is SasS and changes and evolves all the time and new apps are going to be needed sooner or later. Your customer needs to understand and budget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry SaaS, system as a service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Test Screen Name,

you are right, saying that the problem descripted in the link is a pure photoshop isse. Actually i contacted the customer again, and i now have a better description which is a little bit more precise.

When he opens large PDF-files with sizes like for example 30 Megabytes (the files are not only large but also quite "complex"), his Acrobat Pro 10.1.16 tries to open them and then gets stuck in the Window where the PDF should appear in. On one of two machines there is a notification saying that there ist insufficient memory or not enough memory - I don't know how the exact english translation would sound, as the notification is in german. It probably is "Nicht genügend Speicher" or "Nicht genügend Arbeitsspeicher", I could find out the exact german sentence in case that might help. On the other hand, there definitely are no such issues - neither there is insufficient hard disk space nor the machine suffers from not enough RAM. There are 16 gigabytes each.

And: On Windows 7 on machines with less ram the problem does not occur, either.

Kind regards

HAL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All Windows versions of Acrobat are 32 bit. This limits them to 2GB but it is rare to reach this limit. Sometimes it is a false message too. Have you tried the file yourself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines