• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Pro combine files function not working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software is up-to-date. When the user tries to combine files (say, a mix of pdf's and Word 2016 docx's) she just gets the little blue circle of death spinning and spinning and it never finishes. This was working fine until about a week ago. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but that didn't fix it. I used Adobe's Acro DC uninstall utility (AdobeAcroCleaner_DC2015) and reinstalling, still didn't fix it. I'm almost to the point where I'm going to rebuild the laptop so I have a clean install, but I'm not even sure if that will fix it. Any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Works1,

As you said when you combine the files blue circle spinning never finishes, Is it an issue with some particular files that you combine?

Have you tried combining some other files? If not, please create some new word file and then try to combine them.

Check if that works or you still get the spinning wheel.

Could you please let us know the dot version of Adobe Acrobat DC you are using?

To check the dot version, launch the application and go to Help menu. Then select About Adobe Acrobat DC from the drop down list.

Then select About Adobe Acrobat DC from the drop down list.

You will get a small window with dot version mentioned at the top.

Are you on Mac or Windows? What is the OS version?

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not limited to just some specific documents. It occurs on a variety of documents, including new files. It is Adobe DC Pro 15.006.30306.

She is using Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you mark this as assumed answered? I replied to your questions and you offered no fix??? It's not answered, and it's most definitely NOT fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Assumed Answered" is something that the forum software sometimes applies automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information: we tried copying the documents to her local C: drive and combining them from there, still no go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Works1,

As you have mentioned above that you have copied documents to local C drive, please let us know where the files were saved originally.

Have you tried to combine the documents that were saved on the local drive?

If not please try once and check if it works.

Try once to reset the preferences of the application. Refer the steps provided here: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still NOT ANSWERED. The files were originally saved on a network share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have Microsoft Skype for Business 2016 installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines