• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Lightroom CC crashing my computer?

Explorer ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on Creative Cloud for quite a while.  I upgraded to the new version of Lightroom CC a couple of months ago when the two Lightrooms were split up.  From the first time I launched it, the new Lightroom CC opens to the grid layout, but the computer is frozen.  Last night, I noticed that there was an update to the program, so I installed that hoping it would clear up the issue but no luck.  Launching the program freezes my computer.  As a side note, Photoshop and Premiere, the other two programs I use from the Suite are working just fine.

I working on a Mac Pro, Early 2008 dual 2.8 GHz processors, with OS 10.11.6., 22GB RAM.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Try resetting your Lr preferences using Method 1 in this document How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AllenBirnbach,

Sorry that Lightroom CC is crashing/freezing on your computer.

Could you please uncheck the option "use graphics processor" under the Preferences> General menu and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as Lightroom launches, it opens in the Develop module and the computer freezes immediately.  It is not possible to access the Preferences, or do anything else short of a hard shutdown and reboot.

I've checked the website and there aren't any phone numbers for me to call.  This has gone on way too long, and I need to be able to work in the program.

What other solutions are available to me to get this resolved?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Lr preferences using Method 1 in this document How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following workaround should help you to turn the GPU off.

1. Close Lightroom Classic.

2. In the Finder, select Go and type:
~/Library

3. Go inside the Library folder and select Preferences.

4. Locate the file:

com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist

5. Open it in a text file.

6. Search for the following property:

UseAutoBahn

7. Change the property value to: false

<false/>

8. Start Lightroom.

Let us know if you could follow the instructions.

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ian.  That solved the problem.

I do appreciate it!

Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, after not using the program for a while, the same issue arose today when I launched the program.  I haven't done the same protocol as last time since that didn't seem to be a permanent fix.

What other suggestions for what the issue might be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines