Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working Lightroom in 2 computers simultaneously

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been trying to work with an assistant lately and trying to work both at the same time, the same "catalog" and/or "colection" to accelerate my final deliver to clients, however, i put the catalog in the Creative Cloud online carpet to open it in both sides, and we can, but when we are working at the same time, doubles the catalog and shows a message with error in each computer's name. Later the changes i made are not visible for him as well as his edits for me, even though, i start from first photo to the middle part, and he works from last one to middle ones.

So, just to confirm this, IS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO SPEED UP MY WORKFLOW LIKE THIS? how can i work with an assitant?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried virtual copies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot share a catalog between two computers at the same time. You are asking for troubles doing this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough: I can see that, but is my point of working on two separate virtual copies irrelevant Johan?

I don't use a cloud storage service BTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tony_See  wrote

Fair enough: I can see that, but is my point of working on two separate virtual copies irrelevant Johan?

I don't use a cloud storage service BTW.

I can’t see how you can work on two separate virtual copies without trying to share the catalog. After all, virtual copies are virtual; they only exist in the catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gutierrezmendozp3808138  wrote

Later the changes i made are not visible for him as well as his edits for me, even though, i start from first photo to the middle part, and he works from last one to middle ones.

If you are working on the first half of the photos, and the assistant is working on the other half of the photos, the the answer is pretty simple. Make a small working catalog of the second half of the photos, and let your assistant work on that catalog. When he is done, you merge that small working catalog into the larger one with all the photos. Use File->Export as Catalog and File->Import from Another Catalog. Now your larger catalog will have all of the assistant's edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines