• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom interface/workspace look pixelated?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time it's happened to me - I accidentally hit a setting preference to make the display performance lower for faster use/less battery use. However when my previews pull up through "fit" or "fill", the image itself, RAW or JPEG, is shown in that similar low resolution. I want to see my images in their true resolution, so that when I'm editing it is true to what I will see when it is exported. If you look at the words "Library", "Develop", the "Lightroom Catalog.lrcat - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic" etc. you'll notice they're pixelated/low resolution.

I've already:

• Gone through Adobe Forums
  • Contacted Adobe Customer Support
  • Looked at other sites

How can I remedy this??Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 1.25.02 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, go to the Mac's System Preferences > Displays, and click Default For Display:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but my computer is already on that setting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Try rebooting.

2. In LR, do the menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the first 25 lines or so.

3. Post a screenshot of your System Preferences > Displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help so far - if I could ask - I tried to type in System Info in the menu command Help bar - is that what you meant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that - completely blew over my head

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, LR's Help > System Info says  your display has resolution 1440 x 900, but the screenshot is 2880 x 1800.  Let's find out the true hardware resolution.  Go to the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your screen and do About This Mac. Paste a screenshot here -- it should look like:

Then click System Report at the bottom of that window and click Graphics/Displays in the left column:

Scroll to make sure that the Displays information on the right is full visible and paste a screenshot of that window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 11.51.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-27 at 11.52.46 AM.png

Okay got that up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, to summarize: You have a Retina display that's 2560 x 1600, but LR's Help > System Info says  your display has resolution only 1440 x 900. That doesn't happen on my older Macbook Pro Retina.

Three things to check:

1. Did you reboot? (I don't see that you confirmed you did.)

2. Do you have an external display currently connected? What if you disconnect the external display(s)?

3. In System Preferences > Displays, click Scaled and then More Space:

That will make the screen fonts smaller, but does it fix the pixellation in LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one more thing I just noticed while searching for others who might have these symptoms:

4. In System Preferences > Energy Saver, turn off Automatic Graphics Switching and then reboot for good measure:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No option for that...

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 12.35.55 PM.png

As for the options - I did try rebooting - I did systems restart from my start up disk. And I've turned off my laptop completely. How should I properly reboot?

No external screen connected

Before I reboot through what you tell me, I will do the screen scaling first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the screen scaling did not help either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange and frustrating. LR is seeing a much smaller display than what you actually have.

My only suggestion is to post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Adobe product developers read everything there and sometimes reply but are rarely seen in this forum. Be sure to include the output from Help > System Info, the two screen shots from About This Mac and System Report > Graphics Displays, and the steps you've tried already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 7.4 [ 1176617 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en-US

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.13.4 [17E199]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2.3 GHz

Built-in memory: 8,192.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8,192.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 474.9 MB (5.7%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1,365.9 MB

Memory cache size: 0.4MB

Internal Camera Raw revision: 976

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 3

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 72MB / 4095MB (1%)

Camera Raw real memory: 73MB / 8192MB (0%)

Displays: 1) 1440x900

Graphics Processor Info:

Metal: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Plus Graphics 640

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic CC

Library Path: /Users/ianamaeabinales/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Settings Folder: /Users/ianamaeabinales/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.22.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get resolution to this? I have exactly the same issue right now and am going crazy trying to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines