• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any timeframe on a fix for the packaging issue with High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a time table to fix the InDesign package issue with High Sierra.  Works on Sierra without issue and works with version 13.0.0.x on HS but anything above that the unable to package document shows up.  With searching I've seen others that have it but nothing concrete as far as a timeframe from Adobe on a fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been packaging in InDesign CC 2018.1 (13.1) on High Sierra with no problems.

Please tell us what problems you're having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sierra devices work with all versions.  High Sierra version over 13.0.0.x get an error about unable to package (removed storage location form photo).  If I roll the user on 13.1 back  to 13.0.0.x it works fine.  Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 4.00.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes packaging will fail if you have illegal characters in paths or file names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but wouldn't that mean it would fail on Sierra and HS 13.0.0.x with the same file/characters?

For example this location is "storageserver:folder:folder:folder:folder:folder:abc1234.indd"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot package any files that are currently saved on our server, I get a "InDesign cannot access' error. My workaround has been to save a local copy, then I can package to the server. I'm using InDesign v13.1 and Mac High Sierra 10.13.3.

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 1.20.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you package things if you are working locally versus from the server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if I save a local copy, then I can package locally and to the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maggie,

We are very sorry you ran into trouble here. Though we have limited support on Network and VM related issues( Technical support boundaries for virtualized or server-based environments | CS  ) but from my personal experience, I would suggest you few things which you must check:

• Check if this is happening with your user account only or with multiple users
  • Check if there is any antivirus or if there is any endpoint security or if there is any restriction imposed by your IT Team.
  • This generally happens when network policies or Operating System is updated, check with your IT team for the same.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Check if this is happening with your user account only or with multiple users
  • Check if there is any antivirus or if there is any endpoint security or if there is any restriction imposed by your IT Team.
  • This generally happens when network policies or Operating System is updated, check with your IT team for the same.

1) As mentioned in my first post, this happens to everyone on High Sierra using every version higher than 13.0.0.  By that logic something was changed or not compatible with High Sierra after those updates.

2&3) I am the IT team.  The same policies are in place for everyone on all OS's and since we can replicate it on specific versions of the application and the issue persists with everything disabled it's the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds very frustrating Ben, however i have been packaging from files stored on a server on every version of high sierra so far without any issues at all, so it may not necessarily be a universal issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what device are you on? Is it a fusion drive or an HDD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Fusion Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has it been converted to APFS or is it still HFS+?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is still HFS+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps the issue is HFS+ and APFS.  Sierra is all HFS+ and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines