• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autoimport - moving to the latest imported file.

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the auto import function in lightroom when I'm scanning film.

I have the scanner set to scan to a folder on my desktop and using auto import to move the file from the "scanfolder" to the designated folder with a subfolder named after the twin check on my negative sleeve.

I want to edit the photos as they come into lightroom but lightroom always selects the latest imported file so I always have to move back to the file I was editing.

I don't want Lightroom to select the latest imported file. Where do I find the setting to change that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verify that you have unchecked Select the “Current/Previous Import” collection during import under Import options in General preferences.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that box is unchecked.

It's not the collection that I have problem with, it's the single file..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think there is such a setting.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think or know? I'm really annoyed at this behavior of lightroom...

Desperate for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

magnusp96131812  wrote

Think or know? I'm really annoyed at this behavior of lightroom...

Desperate for help.

What do you want me to say? I'm sure there is no such setting, but I could always be proven wrong.

If you're so desperate, why don't you turn off auto import? Import manually / Synchronize folder each time you are finished editing an image.

Or keep using auto import, but add each image you want to edit to the Quick Collection and edit it there. Then you won't be bothered by incoming new images.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using auto import because I want to streamline my workflow. I want to do as few steps manually as I can.

I'll try the QC if that feels nice or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think editing from a collection (the Quick Collection or some other collection) is the only workaround.

Please add your constructive opinion to this problem report in the official Adobe feedback forum: LIGHTROOM - Not develop possible during auto import | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely Adobe might change this irritating behavior or add an option to control it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines