Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error opening PDF - Acrobat X

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issue happens only when I try to open an Attatchment via Outlook, and just this file:

> Openning the attchament via webmail it works;

> Openning via iphone it works;

The file was generated in SAP and the Adobe viewer within SAP also shows the content, but

when I try to open the PDF file in Outlook I see the message: "there was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired".

it's weird, the same file open via webmail... so the file is not damaged. I ran the Acromon and have a dmp file but don't know how to start troubleshooting.

Regards,

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ditriulci,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting error when trying to open a pdf attachment in Outlook, is that correct?

Are you previewing the pdf file in Outlook using Preview option in Outlook or opening it in Acrobat?

Check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under Help menu, reboot the machine and check.

To  download updates manually, visit this link:; Overview — Release Notes for Legacy Acrobat Products

You may also visit the following forum threads discussing the similar issue:

Cannot Open Damaged File (Acrobat Reader)

Resolve damaged document error when opening PDF files

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

Well, both don't work, it says this file is corrupted and cannot be previewed. This happens only with this file. I was considering something in the file header... because other files can be opened. This one can be opened via webmail and also via cellphone as I mentioned, so there is something during the generating that does not alloe Adober Reader or Standard to open this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ditriulci,

Would it be possible if you can share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given here: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud 

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines