• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC jpeg exports get error when uploading to Wordpress

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem consistently for quite a while and the way I currently resolve it is by taking my 72dpi image , loading it into photoshop and doing a legacy export, then the file uploads thru Wordpress no problem. But I have 90 images to do now so it is inconvenient.

Have no idea why a normal image exported thru Lightroom with srgb, 72dpi and the short side has 1000 pixels - gets an error message almost every time when trying to upload. Take the same image run it thrue Photoshop legacy export for web and it uploads fine!

Any ideas?

Thanks

GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Care to say what the error message is?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here is a screen shot: ERROR IMAGE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s an HTTP error. My guess is that there is a hard limit to the file size you can upload and that the image as exported from Lightroom is too large.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The upload file size limit with Wordpress is 25 megs. The jpeg I am trying to upload is 1.2 megs. And the kicker is that if I take the same image and import it into Photoshop and export using the Legacy option and same compression settings, it uploads fine.

That is how I have been resolving this annoying matter till now but since I have 85 images to upload, that will be more time lost so I am hoping to see if anyone has seen this issue or might see something I am missing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI to anyone who comes across this similar issue, the culprit is Apple Safari web browser. I tried to upload the same problem files with Chrome and it worked with no problem!

All the best,

GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines