• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 days ago I uploaded a book to blurb, now it is no longer in my collections. I can not find it

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I uploaded my book to Blurb 2 days ago. Yesterday, after previewing the book, I realized I wanted to add one more photo and a couple more captions. I went back to Lightroom, it is no longer in my collections. I picked the photos, added them into the collection, pushed the create a book tab and labeled it.  I have 3 other books I had done previously and they are there. This one is not. Where could it have gone? Any help would be appreciated.  It is 76 pages, over 200 photos and captions, I can not do this again!

Any idea how to actually contact customer support?  Very disappointing that I have spent hours trying to recover the book in Lightroom and can not actually find a person to discuss this with. Thank you for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Glad to hear you found the cause! Your post was not entered as a 'Question' so no 'Correct Answer' entry. I've changed it to a 'Question' and you can now mark a reply as the 'Correct Answer.'

If you're no longer using the previous LR version you can uninstall it. The new LR Classic catalog file cannot be opened in the previous version. I suggest making a backup of the old version's catalog file just in case you have an issue with LR Classic and need to recover something from the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use more than one LR Catalog file or perhaps inadvertently created a new catalog when creating this new book? In LR go to menu File> Open Recent and open all of the catalogs showing there. What exact version of LR are you using (Help> About...)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! For some reason it was opening up the previous version (before it was called Classic CC) and when I opened it up from the Creative Cloud symbol from the top of the screen, it opened up the correct version and it was there in the Collections!!  THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where am i supposed to click Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you found the cause! Your post was not entered as a 'Question' so no 'Correct Answer' entry. I've changed it to a 'Question' and you can now mark a reply as the 'Correct Answer.'

If you're no longer using the previous LR version you can uninstall it. The new LR Classic catalog file cannot be opened in the previous version. I suggest making a backup of the old version's catalog file just in case you have an issue with LR Classic and need to recover something from the previous version. Just a safety precaution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A book is technically nothing more than a collection of images, displayed in the book module. Is it possible that you simply forgot to save this as a new book collection?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for your reply!  I did have it saved under the collections, but it was saved under a different version that I did not know about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines