• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashed and I think my work got deleted

New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I was just about to finish my project for a Modes of Film and Video Production class. I was just finishing the credits in fact. Then your app crashed, Premiere Pro 2018 that is, and when I reopened your trustworthy application...it claimed that I had never put any media in that project. You can imagine how I laughed at the silly joke your app was telling me. See I had been putting media in and editing said media for the last week, making it as close to perfect as I can. I just bought your app for this class, I'm not exactly a natural at it, but it was okay. I put in the hard work and the long hours to try to compete with those students who have been working on editing for years and put it off to the last second. And, for the most part, I was satisfied with my final product. And then...as I previously mentioned, your app, Premiere Pro 2018 that is, crashed and deleted all my work. So here I am, with fourteen hours left before this project is due and nothing to show for the last two weeks of hard work. I would greatly appreciate it if you fixed this error, as I can guarantee you that the fault does not lie with me. I did not, as funny as it may have been, delete my own work (which I'm not sure if I mentioned but took two weeks to get to this point). Thanks for what I hope is excellent customer service. I look forward to hearing from you.

Moderator note: Title was changed to accurately reflect the bug.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, this is not Adobe. This is a user-to-user forum. So it's not "our" app.

Second, you've posted to the Premiere Elements forum. So we can't help you there.

But I'm glad to move your post to Premiere Pro forum. They aren't Adobe either -- but if you're interested in resolving your issue, they may be able to help you. But you will need to provide more information about the video you're working with, the computer you're working on and, at the very least, your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He put a happy face!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create backup files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere, by default, saves backups of your project file. Check your backups folder for an older version and see if that restores your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to search the 'Auto Save' folder for any possible copies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make a habit of making backups not just rely on auto save.

Because when your project gets corrupt without you knowing so might all your auto saves.

Making backup will reduce your loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dking,

Sorry that you are having trouble. My guess is that you used the "Save As" command, then named your project the exact same name and then everything closed, including your sequence (Timeline). This can be confusing, but the good news is that your work was likely saved.

My advice is to look in your Project panel and look for the sequence you created by double clicking on the sequence icon. Did you get your sequence with all your work open again? Please let us know.

Thank You!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines