• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio when import MPEG2 file to Premiere

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing an mpeg 2 file into adobe premiere cc pro I can see the video but it has no audio. I receive a message: "an unspecified error occurred while performing a conform action". File Codec: MPEG-2 Video, AC3. I use a MacBook Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the location of the "Cache" folder:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

Delete the folders "Media Cache", "Media Cache Files", and especially "Peak Files", go to where the video is and note that there are no .cfa and .pek files, if you find them delete them.

If the problem persists move the project folder and files to another location, if possible to another disk.

Try please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on an earlier version of the Mac OS, you might not be able to get that audio working. I think it takes a recent Mac OS or Win10 to get OS level support for the Dolby AC3 audio codec.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jaimeasaez,

Did you solve this issue yet? If not, please look for the update for Premiere Pro coming very, very, soon--then update.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know when I see th esuggestion to delete media cache files that it is not a fix - this hapens in a new project when I import MPEG2 video the first time - so no media cache files can have been generated. I think it is something to do eith format imcompatibility and that converting in Media Encoder is the answer - but not sure to what format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the capture device for the clips? And can you share a clip we could test on our own systems?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines