• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to re-import my photos

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google decided that it wanted to  store my imagws on a Google drive.

I missed a que and it suddenly started importing my entire Lightroom Catalogue.  That basically messed up my organization of my images (GRRRRRR)

I still have copies of my original images.  What I really want to do is re-import them into a new catalogue

I have an empty drive and want to import them to their new home. But when I look for that drive in Lightroom, I can't see it so I can't import my images to it.

Any suggestions out there???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will only see and display drives and folders that have already been imported. Since you haven't imported anything to that drive yet, it won't be displayed. If you're starting a new catalog and going to import your images again, you could just organize your images on the drive and then open the import dialog and choose that drive as the source in the left-hand column and import the images in a folder at a time or all at once. I've never imported all at once, so I don't know what that would be like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Suggestion: DO NOT IMPORT.

Take the copies of your images and place them exactly where they were before this Google drive problem happened. Then everything in your LR catalog will be fine.

DO NOT IMPORT. You will lose all of your work.

Suggestion: DO NOT IMPORT. I hope this is clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines