• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

link rename

Participant ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi; There are many scripts related to this in the forum. The document has many link files. My file names are as follows; 23.picture.psd 2.graphic.psd . . . I need to remove the DOTS in filenames. I want it to be like this 23picture.psd 2graphic.psd . . . many thanks.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Just to be clear, you would like to go through each and every link and remove any and all .'s from the file except the one included in the extension, and do all the files exist without the .'s in their names ?

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

For this purpose you need to rename all images and relink every image. You can not rename link only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your ideas;

I can change the name for each link. (tomaxi: tomaxxiLINKrename [1.0].jsxbin)

(More than 100+)

But;

each link will control, I want to remove the dot in the link names that are in the dot.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

simply removing the dots is risky.

You need a plan what should happen, if there is already a file with the same name after removing the dots.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely right Uwe! It seems impossible for file names to be the same after the dots are cleared 🙂 Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines