• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 Won't Publish to Flickr Anymore

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to publish photos to Flickr it would just time out every time.  I then tried removing authorization and re-authorizing in Lightroom, however the authorization process no longer worked either. It would open up Flickr in a browser for me to authorize it but when I select authorize it tries to open up a new page but it never does. When I look at the web address, the word "success" is part of the address that won't load. Light room has a pop-up that says hit "Done" once I've authorized it in the browser. When I hit "Done" It still says not authorized in Lightroom. Everything had been working great for years. I hadn't published to Flickr in about 9 months before this however. Flickr said it appears to be an Adobe Lightroom issue and they may have changed to only allow Lightroom CC.  Thanks for any help or answers you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flickr said it appears to be an Adobe Lightroom issue and they may have changed to only allow Lightroom CC. 

Nonsense. Utterly false.

The problem is probably at Flickr's end, not Lightroom. But beyond that I don't really know what to advise you except to wait for a day and try it again.

By the way, please state the exact version NUMBER of your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s more likely that Flickr changed its API that Lightroom uses to communicate with it. That could mean that Lightroom needs an update, but Lightroom 5 will not receive any updates anymore.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To build on the previous replies, Flickr changed its end of the service quite a while ago in a way that was incompatible with LR 5 and earlier versions. Once a new major version is released, Adobe stops providing updates to the previous major version.

Your options are:

- Upgrade to a LR 7 subscription.

- Get this third-party Flickr plugin. The author supports it much better than Adobe supports the built-in plugin. However, it will take some effort to get your old published collections into the new plugin. (This only matters if you want to change those old collections -- otherwise you can just leave them unmolested.)

- Download a more recent version of Adobe's Flickr plugin, as described here: Flickr: The Help Forum: [investigating] It's back. Flickr Upload Via Lightroom not working, semicolo... . You have to read carefully through that thread for where to download it and how to install it. But it's been over two years with no recent reports (at least in that thread) of this solution continuing to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines