• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse Cursor disappears inside Acrobat Window

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mouse Cursor (black Arrow) disappears as soon as I move it over the acrobat window. Any ideas how to solve this issue?

I'm using the following hard- and software:

computer: macbook pro 13" 2017 - i7

monitor: LG Ultra HD

Acrobat 2018.011.20038

mac OS 10.13.4

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem and setting here.

I recognize, that the problem only appears in scaled screen resolutions between FullHD and 4K (2560 × 1440, 3008 × 1692, 3360 × 1890). Same for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it. That seems to be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, good to know for me as well .

I myself do not like the FullHD and 4K resolution for working and prefer the scaled one 2560 x 1440. Still need a solution for that problem with the scaled resolutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello StefanStraCFburger,

As per the description above, the mouse cursor is missing in Acrobat window, Is that correct?

Please install the latest update of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

You can also install the latest update/patch manually from the URL DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Is any external monitor is connected? Have you tried using a low resolution and check if the issue is reproducible?

Is it possible to share a screenshot of the error/issue? To share the screenshot, please refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Try resetting the Acrobat preferences once and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences, please refer to the steps in the article How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the latest version.  Checked via updates as well as the link you provided.

Only occurs on an external monitor running in FullHD and 4K (2560x1440, 3008x1692, 3360x1890)

Have reset preferences.

See attached screenshot.  You can see that "Document Cloud" is being hovered over with my mouse, but there is no mouse cursor. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 8.55.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lemonteg,

Please navigate to Acrobat's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>Page Display>In rendering>Select Monitor in Smooth Text and see if this brings any difference.

What is the current dot version of Acrobat installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Try uninstalling Acrobat using Acrobat cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs Reboot the machine and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

If the issue still persists, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account and check.

Let us know how it goes, and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

Tried the Monitor in Smooth Text setting - did not make a difference.  I have tried with DC PRO and with the free reader with same result.

Version is Continuous Release Version 2018.011.20040

LeMonte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello LeMonte,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat once  Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

reboot the machine and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

If you still experience any issue, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and check with Acrobat and see if this issue is reproducible.

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve already done that. Did not resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lemonteg,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. I have sent you a private message, please check your email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am OOTO until 6/6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lemonteg,

Will wait for your response. Thanks for your time and patience .

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, since my mac OS running on 10.13.4 all seems fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My mouse also disappears from time to time (in multiple programs). I solve it by dragging the mouse into the Dock and the cursor reappears.

When I tell people, the response is always the same: But I can't do that, my cursor isn't there.

Do it anyway, Just drag into the Dock to make the cursor reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines