• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lost editing

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally deleted files in lightroom that would not be deleted. I recovered them from the trash on the computer and inserted them into the lightroom again. The problem is that I can not find the edit again! I have a backup but I worked three hours with wedding pictures and that work was not backed up. Can I find the edit? Where do I look for the edit, and what file do I look for?

Please help me,
Sanna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

sannab38528247  wrote

Thanks for your quick answer.

I did not have the Auto Write changes to XMP when I deleted the files. Is the edit lost then? I did not really understand.

The edits are stored in the catalog and removed from it when the image is removed. That means you can only restore them if you have a catalog backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you Remove from Catalog or Delete from Disk files in LR, LR then discards all record of the edits done on them.

Even if you turn on the Auto Write changes to XMP option once you Remove or Delete From Disk those images LR also deletes, Discards, the XMP files associated with them. But If that Auto Write option is turned on and you Delete from Disk after you Restore the files from the trash you can then re-import them and then link them to the XMP file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have the Auto Write changes to XMP when I deleted the files. Is the edit lost then? I did not really understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sannab38528247  wrote

The edits are stored in the catalog and removed from it when the image is removed. That means you can only restore them if you have a catalog backup.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines